Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Great British Eat It

So I guess the “Great British Bake-Off” has made its Channel 4 debut. And while normally the start of a new season of my favorite televised Xanax would fill me with joy and soothing shots of the British countryside, whatever has returned can never hold candle to what was. This new Mary Berry, Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc-less incarnation just makes me sad. No one gives a fart about Paul Hollywood, and you know it. Mary, Sue and Mel were the show. Well, that and all the overly polite and totally lovely British folks reacting to their disastrous bakes. But, for real, Mary, Mel and Sue, forever. Particularly Mary saying something a little, um, saucy.

4 comments:

Flo said...

Yes Mel, Sue and Mary were awesome. And yes nobody gives a shit about Paul Hollywood. But the new Bakeoff has Sandi Toksvig! She's my favourite person on the planet: smart, wickedly funny and a lesbian! And there's also Noel Fielding who's super weird (in a good way) and funny. I don't know anything about Prue Leith but she sounds pretty great. Really the GBBO is in very good hands, you don't have to worry Dorothy.

Waffles said...

I was worried too - but it is fine. It's not the judges and hosts that makes the show - it is the contestants. Still really miss Mel and Sue, but they weren't the best parts of the show for me.

AK said...

I LUV CARPET, too!

Anonymous said...

And one of the contestants is a gay football playing scientist called Yan. I thought I wouldn't watch it but it's the contestants and the food that matter. Plus I record it and fast forward the adverts.