Friday, June 02, 2017

My Weekend Wonder Women

Guys, I ship it. I. Ship. It. Two times the Wonder Woman, two times the fun – amirite? Fine, fine. But I am very excited to see the new “Wonder Woman” movie and very relieved the reviews are good. Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman remains one of the stalwart heroes of my youth. But it is always exciting when a new generation gets a chance to find their own hero.



Also, have I mentioned I ship it? Look, if Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor have taught us anything, it is that ladies who love ladies can May-December with the best of them. I mean, they’re superheroes. That’s super hot. And, from the looks of things, they are already super into it. Happy Wonder Woman Weekend, all.

9 comments:

Karen said...

What does that mean you ship it? Is that a new catch phrase ?

SK said...

Linda Carter is great. I'm not sure if you're into computer games, but she wrote and performed five original songs for her character in the game 'Fallout 4' a couple of years ago: https://www.polygon.com/2015/11/2/9658986/fallout-4-soundtrack-lynda-carter . They should all be available on Youtube by now too.

SK said...

Aak. *Lynda* Carter is great too, but my spelling is not. :)

Erin O'Riordan said...

Aw yiss. This is a good pairing. The shipping goddesses approve.

Carmen SanDiego said...

I loved the movie! I hope you write about it soon

heatwave16 said...

Love them both!!! The movie was amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

SK I'm a total Fallout gal and was pleasantly surprised when I heard Lynda Carter crooning at me through her character:)

Dennis/87 said...

What is up about the site- Your mother wants a facelift? Is it synchromystic in any way? Just curious, are you the blog roll mediator for watching the watchmen? I find that (mother facelift site) way off topic, no? 87

Erin O'Riordan said...

Upon further reflection, I would also accept Gal Gadot x Patty Jenkins.