Monday, April 10, 2017

Well Hela There, Stranger

So, like, is it cool if I root for the bad guy in this one? The first “Thor: Ragnarok” trailer is out an it is filled with Cate Blanchett in all her Hela glory – antlers and all. So, as I was saying, is it OK to root for the bad guy on this one? I am also digging the trailer’s Totally 80s vibe. But, seriously, have we talked about Goth Cate Blanchett? Sure, that helmet headress thingie seems a little ... pointy. But I still wouldn’t kick her out of bed for eating poached eggs over creamed spinach, if you know what I mean.



Look, I like a Norse god as much as the next gal. But who says we have to always root for the blond guy? Judge for yourself.



p.s. For all you “Lost Girl” fans in withdrawl, Ragnarok gives us a little sweet nostalgia with Valkyries and trips to Hel. Now all we need is a bisexual succubus and a doctor wearing hotpants.

4 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

I am so sick and tired of superhero movies. Do you only one that I am intending to see this year is wonder woman and only because it is wonder woman

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

Hell yeah, I can't wait to see the next installment of Thor, especially with Cate as the sexiest villain ever. Damn, she looks like she could take on the entire Avengers team!

On an interesting note, check out the symmetry of these two movies featuring Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song. Your featured trailer and this- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4f_83t_rw.

Rooney Mara's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo featured a version by Karen O's of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Both trailers were cool, with the latter even haunting. And now I'm off to watch Carol again.


Alex said...

Correction, I meant Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.