Monday, June 16, 2014

Orange Is the New Vagina Euphemism

Well, the tribe has spoken. And what it said is, yes, more “Orange Is the New Black” talk. So, I plan to do some recaps for this season. But, as noted, because of the unorthodox season release (namely, all at once so everyone can gorge or sip, however they like to watch), I’ll do the recaps in a more unorthodox way. I was thinking of writing them by character (or groups of characters) instead of by episode. It makes sense because binge watching leads to discussion of larger narrative arc than what-just-happened plot points. So, if there aren’t any major objections, I’ll be starting those up soon. If you have a character/characters you’d like to see start us off, chime in. Until then, please enjoy every single vagina reference in Season 1 of OITNB. I love that after Season 2 that video would have been twice as long, if not more.

9 comments:

Anna said...

I love this idea! Also I can hardly wait because there's been this emptiness inside of me ever since I, too, watched it in less than 24 hours. It was such a long wait: and then quick 13 hours later I find myself waiting again.

alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alice said...

This is a *great* idea. I'd vote for Taystee, though since she went through a LOT this season, that's a big chunk to bite off at the start. So if not her, I'd go with the reliably awesome Poussey.

Carmen SanDiego said...

This is a great idea. I vote to start easy, with the character we saw the least: Alex Vause
Or maybe Piper
Thanks for doing this Snarker

Anonymous said...

My Stepmother (85) has seen the adds for Orange is the New Black and asked if I was watching it. I said I was and it was good but that there were a lot of sex scenes.They are not really wild for sex scenes. She said "How, its a women's prison? Then "Oh" It was hysterical.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to go with my girl Nicky but also throw in my new boo Rosa.

tam said...

I binged on Season 1 a few weeks before Season 2 started. So far I've watched 4 eps of S2. I don't want to binge the rest, but I love Crazy Eyes. We've had a bit of her back story. Sad. I wonder if there was more later?

Anonymous said...

Yes your take on the wicked witch of behind bars "V" would be very much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

The psychopath that was Vee deserves a look from you - the only character with no redeeming qualities and the one whose death was used for comic effect. I really hated that - what did you think, Dorothy?