Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Something Fishy

I feel like there’s a lesbian fish joke just waiting to happen. It’s on the tip of my tongue, so to speak. Gillian Anderson was among a host of celebrities sleeping posing with the fishes for a new campaign to stop deep sea fishing in the North Atlantic. The Fishlove Campaign is fighting against trawling which damages the world’s fish population. There is a petition and everything. We could go into a long, winding conversation about the use of naked bodies to raise awareness about world issues (Hello, PETA, looking at you). But this campaign at least features both men and women (including Olivia Williams, below – I miss you, “Dollhouse.”) And it’s apparently meant to show that even non-traditionally cuddly animals are worth saving. It certainly is, uh, different. All this is fine and good, of course. Save the fishies. Now, who has that fish joke to share?

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh my god...why naked? Not that I'm complaining about seeing these two women naked but...for me, with the fishies, uy gross. I would take the campaign a lot more seriously if the ladies had some clothes on...and now for the fish jokes hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

You can't help but think maybe there are better ways to highlight the plight of the oceans than to have people posing naked with dead fish.

Anonymous said...

Ewwww.