Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tina U. Fox

File this under: Awesome Things I Didn’t Realize Happened Until Now. Further proof that doing something that isn’t posted on the Internet is the equivalent of a tree falling alone in the forest, I totally missed this convergence of two of my past/present crushes from earlier this month. Tina Fey attended the A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Cure Parkinson’s benefit for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research on Nov. 9. It wasn’t until this week, when video was discovered on the series of tubes, that we all realized just what a glorious convergence it was. Because not only did Tina, My Fake TV Wife, and Michael, My First Celebrity Brush, came together to help raise money for a worthy cause, Tina did it all in Marty McFly drag. I’ve confessed on numerous occasions my deep love and adolescent affection for Michael J. Fox. And only the very, very, very new here don’t know of the claim I’ve staked on Tina. (i.e. SHE’S MINE, MINE I SAY.) So seeing them together in one person. So many feelings. Enough, even, to fuel a flux capacitor.


[Good stuff starts at about the 1-minute mark.]

1 comment:

maya said...

OK, I missed the part about how you love Michael J. Fox, and I will file it under one more thing that we have in common. I had his head shot on my wall (along with the Beatles). He was my big beardy crush after I outgrew (ahem) Gary Coleman.