Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall into TV

It’s officially mid-September which means it’s officially time to get excited about fall TV. Which means it’s officially time to judge the new trailers for the new fall season. Most people are talking about all the new, shiny shows coming to our TVs. But, to be honest, none of them really do it for me. I mean, sure, there’s the Joss Whedon-sized elephant in the room, which I of course will watch. But the other stuff? I’m going to give “Trophy Wife” a chance because of Sarah Haskins. And maybe I’ll give “The Michael J. Fox” show a chance because Michael J. Fox was my first celebrity crush. (Don’t judge, if you squint he looks like a short, butch lesbian.) But everything else? Eh. Still, there’s plenty to get excited about. Like the returning shows. Yes, return to me, shows. Envelop me in your warm, electric embrace. Yeah, perhaps I should get out more.

Anyway, on to the judging!

Lost Girl

Sadly, there’s absolutely nothing new in this trailer. In fact it’s all scenes from Season 3 and some were even used in the promos for last season. But, damn, if I’m still not excited to have Bo and the gang back just as much. And I dig that version of “The Wanderer,” I really do. Back Nov. 10 on Showcase in Canada. (Not back in the U.S. until 2014. We’re not saying Bo, we’re saying Boooooo, Syfy.)

Glee

Yes, I’ve resigned myself to watching again. Mostly it’s to see Naya and Demi make out, because I am a deeply, deeply shallow person. Also, it’s nice to have bright colors & kids dancing on while I do the dishes. Back Sept. 26 on Fox.

American Horror Story: Coven

This show scares the ever-loving shit out of me. Like I watch in absolute terror. But it is also the show I am absolutely most excited to see because Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates. Also witches, some evil witches. (Which we all know is ridiculous, ’cause witches – they were persecuted, Wicca good and love the earth and woman power and I’ll be over here.) Back Oct. 9 of FX.

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Right. So, I’ll be watching this. Duh. Premieres Sept. 24 on ABC.

Right, so which returning (and new, if you must) shows are you most excited about?

10 comments:

no-one said...

Haven! Season 4 is back tomorrow, the wait has been far to long. Looking forward to having Emily Rose, Kate Kelton, Lucas Bryant, Eric Balfour and Adam Copeland back on my TV.

Anonymous said...

Grey's anatomy! Calzona!

Anonymous said...

The Good Wife!- K-a-l-i-n-d-aaaaaaa
Castle = Beckett
Scandal- its scandalous!
Homeland- people more neurotic than me!
House of Cards- damn good tv
Tierra de Lobos- squee!
Nikki and Nora- squee!
Wentworth- squee!
Once Upon a Time- Ruby and Belle!
Nashville- sappy country songs and drama
Grey's Anatomy- because I need to cry every Thursday evening
Orphan Black and Orange is the New Black- someday they return right?

that's it off the top of my head.

Carmen SanDiego said...

I was just mentioning to my wife how un-exciting the new shows are this season...
Looking forward to Greys, Scandal, Tierra de Lobos (Isabel and Cristina, its been so long!), Sherlock and not much else...

egghead said...

I am a leggs woman, so I like Coven.

P

egghead said...

P.S. Also, Portlandia!! (and OITNB and Orphan Black!) And Hannibal and I shall look into Haven. Which is tomorrow. Not long to wait. And Gayzolli. Already miss sweet, sweet Maura.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely with you on American Horror Story. Can't wait! I'll be equipped with a sarcastic friend, which means more fun and less terror (unless it's Ryan Murphy terror). But I'm skipping everything else.

Anonymous said...

Lost Girl!!! Murdoch Mysteries!!! Warehouse 13 (sad face)
I'm in need of some Lauren-Bo stat:)

Anonymous said...

Love the Buffy musical reference. I lol pretty hard.

Mahlers5th said...

Thank you for booing SyFy.

Fortunately, the social network won't be awash with Season 4 spoilers when Lost Girl begins airing on Showcase. *eye roll*