Monday, June 24, 2013

Another layer of Skins

Time to hold hands through the cat flap again. It seems like an eternity, at least in pop culture years, since 2010. Allegiances can shift from episode to episode, season to season. And in three years so many ships have come and gone through out ports of affection. But all it takes sometimes is a glance, a smile, a hug to be reminded why you fell in love in the first place. And so it is with the return of “Skins” in its three-part redux titled “Skins Pure,” “Skins Rise” and “Skins Fire” in July. No offense to Cassie and Cook, but it’s “Fire” I’m – yes, going there – on fire to see. The story follows Effy and, most important, her flatmate Naomi. And where Naomi goes, there also goes Emily. Because, through everything, we’ve always known them to be brave. A reminder.





So now here comes “Skins Fire,” brining back the drama older and we’ll see about the wiser. Gone are the tumultuous teens, replaced by those turbulent twenties. I fully expect angst and drama to follow. I have no idea what to expect from Naomi and Emily. But I know seeing Lily Loveless and Kat Prescott in each others arms again is enough, for now.




I told you we’d need that cat flap.

1 comment:

Carmen SanDiego said...

I wish we got more than one episode of them.
We need more adult lesbians on TV but right now I'll settle for non-teenage lesbians