Monday, May 13, 2013

Vacation Vixen: Brittany S. Pierce

I could use a lot of words (and more than a few cuss words) to tell you how I felt about the season finale of “Glee” last week. Or, as I like to call it, “Goodbye, Heather Morris. Thanks for all the Sweet Lady Kisses and the Amazing Ass Dancing.” But mostly I want to marvel that someone brought in to teach the other actors the “Single Ladies” dance turned into a season regular, series favorite and someone who genuinely mattered in the lives of a lot of people – especially young people finding themselves. Sure, things may not have turned out as we liked or hoped or made any kind of sense given the laws of space and time and quantum physics. And I have long since sold my stock in the S.S. Brittana cruise ship company. But to quote Rayanne Graff, we had a time. And while it may well be over, it’s nice we got to see that weird, beautiful, unexpected unicorn at all in the first place.

p.s. I'll be on vacation for the next two weeks (well, part vacation, part staycation). So I will be posting mostly Vacation Vixens these next 14 days. But, I might pop in a few full posts because I just cannot help my damn self.

6 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Yep, I fell overboard of that ship after the whole "I kisseda Girl" episode and the way the writers treated the fans but I kept on watching out of the corner of my eye. But you're right, It IS amazing that we even got this at all.
Have a great time vacationing and staycationing DS

Anna said...

Loved her from the moment she offered there was a mouse in her food in one of the early episodes!

Happy vacation Dorothy!

k8 said...

it got to the point: I am annoyed by this girl...I dodnt even care if there are/will be anymore 'sweet lady kisses'..and Im happy is over ..even that it was so ridiculously written..

Anonymous said...

I so loved her completely random statements and explanations of things. She was the only thing keeping me watching Glee.

Anonymous said...

Heather was Glee for me. If she doesn't return I think I am done with Glee. A part of my fascination with Heather is as you point out, the road she has travelled from sidekick to fan favourite.

If this is the last we see of her (in Glee or otherwise) it will forever be a shame that they did not let her dance her ass off more!!

Anonymous said...

We had a time. That's how I feel about most things. It made me chuckle at first, but there really is so much truth to it.