Monday, May 18, 2009

Good, TV, good

Every so often, the TV gods smile down upon us mere mortals. This weekend was one of those every so-s. “Dollhouse” reactivated. “Chuck” saved. Add those to the earlier renewal of “Fringe” and you have that most-rare of Hollywood occurrences: a group of television executives deciding interesting TV is more important than low ratings. Certainly, this gesture of good will from the almighty rules of the idiot box did not come without sacrifice. “Pushing Daisies.” “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.” Still I guess given the unexpected benevolence they showed this weekend we should be happy no small animals or virgins were hurt in the process. Though, seriously, anything that keeps this kind of television coming back week after week deserves some kind of offering in respect. I’d totally be willing to push Glenn Beck or Bill O’Reilly into a volcano as a token of my appreciation. Say the word, TV gods, say the word.

Chuck

Sarah Sizzles, I melt.

Dollhouse

Way to beat the network into submission.

Fringe

She kissed a girl, I liked it.

9 comments:

CEG said...

I, too, am thrilled about all these "come backs", especially Dollhouse. I have a feeling that after canceling Firefly after just ONE SEASON, they realized the loyalty (and DVD sales) generated by Joss Whedon fans!

Unknown said...

Happy-Sad. I'm ecstatic that Fringe, Dollhouse, and Chuck are back. Not so happy about the short seasons. But very sad, Terminator, Life, and a number of my other shows are gone.

Also super excited Castle got picked up for a second season, cause if you haven't watched, you must go adore Stana Katic. She's gorgeous and kind of butch.

ToonCat said...

Very good news about Fringe. And it will be nice to start watching Dollhouse and Chuck (both start this week in the UK) knowing that there'll be more!

Sad about Sarah Connor Chronicles tho.

Unknown said...

Cold Case is back for a 7th season too! Nice to be keeping many of our strong women around for another television season. I will miss you Sarah/Lena...I still have this dream/hope of going to a small florist shop on the corner and finding you there. :)

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

I'm glad that Dollhouse is getting renewed, but I have to say that I do not love it like I do Fringe. Maybe my brain is too small to fully embrace two weirdo universe shows. Yeah, that's it.

Norma Desmond said...

I was SO happy to hear about Chuck and Dollhouse (not to mention Better Off Ted) got renewed. It's rare that something I watch AND like gets a fair chance to take hold!

Anonymous said...

So so so so sad about Sarah Connor. Someone get Lena Headey a starring role quick so that I can still see her on tv weekly.

I'm very happy about Chuck and Dollhouse though. Mostly Chuck. Love that Sarah Walker, and love all the other characters too. Very nice video by the way. It's totally going in my favs.

TheWeyrd1 said...

AWESOME!

lçlç said...

Uoooooooooow!
Hey, I am Brazilian and I love the Dorothy Surrenders.

is amazing and I'm always here ^^

kiss